2010 Nov 16 10:30

Re: [vox-tech] SAMBA shares sluggish

Start by pinging the netbios name of your machines. Maybe Winbind is not
working properly. You could use Wireshark to capture the connection and
see where it is stalling. You can also check the usual /var/log/samba .

brian

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 02:21:35PM -0800, Darth Borehd wrote:
>    I have an Ubuntu 10.04 machine that serves SAMBA file shares to other
>    Ubuntu (10.10 and 9.04) clients and to Windows XP clients.  All clients
>    say that just recently , the SAMBA shares have slowed down.  It takes
>    longer to see the list of directories and there is a lag of a few
>    seconds when navigating each level.  Once you actually get to the files
>    and start working with or copying them to and from the directory,
>    everything runs fairly quickly.  Any ideas on what I should check?

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

show their absence!"

Professor Edsger Dijkstra