2010 Sep 17 07:28

Re: [vox-tech] Acer AL2216W (blank screen)

Re: [vox-tech] Acer AL2216W (blank screen)

In recent years I have noticed that video cards die distressingly soon. Often with
strange symptoms that make it appear to be something more basic. I do have to admit
that the most recen time (about two weeks ago) it was in fact the monitor. That was an
HP 22" LCD monitor only 5 years old. My previous monitor was a Sony CRT that went back
to the early 90's.

I can only suugest that you try swapping out starting with whatever you can do cheaply.
Especially if you can borrow a component for testing.

I do have an extra video card but I'm not in Davis so you'd have to wait till
the regular Lugod meeting.

Richard