January 6: Social gathering
2010 Aug 19 09:08

[vox-tech] Convincing Mutt to search inside attachments?

[vox-tech] Convincing Mutt to search inside attachments?

I've found that this can be extremely handy in a large mailbox:

  [L]imit  "~t recipient ~s subject ~b sometext"

However, the messages I'm trying to search or limit contain
some text inside ATTACHMENTS (tab-delimited or XML text files),
and neither "~b" (match in body) or "~B" (match in whole email) seem
to look in those.

Any suggestions?  (I'm looking into grepmail, but my ISP's shell
doesn't currently have it installed (I just asked them to :) ), and
the mailboxes are uber-large.  I'd rather not pull down tons of
stuff to my laptop, just to find an email or two.)

PS - how do people live without Mutt!?

Sent from my computer