2010 Jun 14 03:07

Re: [vox-tech] boot failure with KDE

I still can't boot normally.  I tried uninstalling (sudo aptitude
remove nvidia-current) and reinstalling the nvidia drivers.  That
didn't change anything.  I tried purging nvidia.  That didn't work.  I
even tried uninstalling and reinstalling xorg to no avail.  In fact,
the problem is a little worse now.  I can boot to the login screen and
if I try to login it almost immediately takes me back to the same
login screen.  The only way to get to a terminal now is to boot into
recovery mode from GRUB.

thomas