2010 Jun 08 11:41

Re: [vox-tech] inline keyword solves "undefined reference" issue

Re: [vox-tech] inline keyword solves "undefined reference" issue

You have an include such as the following in that file? I don't know if
that is the include.

#include <ffmpeg.h>

On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 10:26:40PM -0700, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> Seems more likely that you haven't included the declarations for the C routines in your cpp file. Would need to see more context to diagnose.
>
> "Hai Yi" <yihai2004@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello all:
> >
> >I created a class FFMpegMgr and a method init(); inside init() I just put
> >three ffmpeg api there:
> >avcodec_register_all();
> >avdevice_register_all();
> > av_register_all();
> >
> >The source file ffmpegmgr.cpp look like this:
> >
> > void FFMpegMgr::init() {
> >    avcodec_register_all();
> >    avdevice_register_all();
> >    av_register_all();
> >
> >}
> >
> >Now I got a "undefined reference to avcodec_register_all" error.
> >
> >if I put that body in the class declaration or add a "inline" keyword, that
> >problem was gone and the compilation succeeded.
> >
> >question is, do those three functions, which are C functions defined in
> >avcodec.h,  have to be used only in the inline functions in C++?
> >
> >Sorry if it appear naive - I've been out of touch with C/C++ for a while.
> >
> >Thanks!
> >Hai

> /Software/Embedded Controllers)               .OO#.       .OO#.  rocks...1k

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

Professor C. A. R. Hoare
The 1980 Turing award lecture