January 6: Social gathering
2010 Jun 08 11:41

Re: [vox-tech] inline keyword solves "undefined reference" issue

Re: [vox-tech] inline keyword solves "undefined reference" issue

Seems more likely that you haven't included the declarations for the C routines in your cpp file. Would need to see more context to diagnose.

"Hai Yi" <yihai2004@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello all:
>
>I created a class FFMpegMgr and a method init(); inside init() I just put
>three ffmpeg api there:
>avcodec_register_all();
>avdevice_register_all();
> av_register_all();
>
>The source file ffmpegmgr.cpp look like this:
>
> void FFMpegMgr::init() {
>    avcodec_register_all();
>    avdevice_register_all();
>    av_register_all();
>
>}
>
>Now I got a "undefined reference to avcodec_register_all" error.
>
>if I put that body in the class declaration or add a "inline" keyword, that
>problem was gone and the compilation succeeded.
>
>question is, do those three functions, which are C functions defined in
>avcodec.h,  have to be used only in the inline functions in C++?
>
>Sorry if it appear naive - I've been out of touch with C/C++ for a while.
>
>Thanks!
>Hai

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing