2010 Jun 06 22:26

[vox-tech] inline keyword solves "undefined reference" issue

[vox-tech] inline keyword solves "undefined reference" issue

Hello all:

I created a class FFMpegMgr and a method init(); inside init() I just put three ffmpeg api there:
avcodec_register_all();
avdevice_register_all();
 av_register_all();

The source file ffmpegmgr.cpp look like this:

 void FFMpegMgr::init() {
    avcodec_register_all();
    avdevice_register_all();
    av_register_all();

}

Now I got a "undefined reference to avcodec_register_all" error.

if I put that body in the class declaration or add a "inline" keyword, that problem was gone and the compilation succeeded.

question is, do those three functions, which are C functions defined in avcodec.h,  have to be used only in the inline functions in C++?

Sorry if it appear naive - I've been out of touch with C/C++ for a while.

Thanks!
Hai