January 6: Social gathering
2010 May 11 20:35

Re: [vox-tech] Looking for a Sunbird (Google Calendar) replacement

Tony Cratz wrote:
> Hello:
>

> 	I just updated today to Ubuntu 10.04 and found out the
> 	Google calendar program Sunbird is no longer supported.
> 	So I'm now looking for a replacement.
>
> 	I really like a standalone program and not a web base.
> 	I also don't want it bundle with Evolution as I don't
> 	use Evolution.
>
> 	Any suggestions?
>

> 							Tony

It was never "supported" by canonical and could have been dropped simply
because no one maintained the package. It remains available just not in
the default repositories from Ubuntu. Binaries are on the mozilla website.

You might also find a build on Launchpad or try the Lightning extension
for Thunderbird (which is very linked to sunbird development).

Alex