2010 Apr 14 23:56

Re: [vox-tech] Performance tuning for http file serving

Re: [vox-tech] Performance tuning for http file serving

I would think that you need to tune your filesystem. How about this
article on "On-demand readahead"

http://lwn.net/Articles/235164/

brian

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 08:16:05PM -0700, Bill Broadley wrote:
> BTW, as an example of how bad performance gets when you are randomly
> accessing 4G of data:
> http://broadley.org/bill/random-read.png
>
> I've not seen any way to tune linux software RAID or apache that lets
> you set the minimum read size/prefetch.
>
> Note it's a log/log graph.

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it."
- Winston Churchill