2010 Mar 27 18:50

Re: [vox-tech] vnc highjacked?

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 08:50:03PM -0400, Hai Yi wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> I installed a x11vnc on my home server, and scarily found that someone
> is remotely controlling my desktop: when I use vncviewer to see my
> server's desktop, i noticed the mouse moving on the browser and typed
> in some paypal sites to open them.

Have you looked at:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VNC#Security

It starts out with: "By default, VNC is not a secure protocol",
so I guess the next question is: were you limiting VNC access in any
way?  If not, then your computer is probably wide open for anyone
who can see it. :^/

-bill!
(who admittedly doesn't know much about VNC)