January 6: Social gathering
2010 Mar 01 18:22

Re: [vox-tech] [netCDF #QCY-964177]: netcdf - 4.0.1 problems

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 03:45:33PM -0800, Jason Snyder wrote:
> When I type echo $PATH I get:
>
> /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
>
> how under the directory /home/snyderjm/Desktop/netcdf-4.0.1 I have ncdump
> and ncgen.  As a matter of fact here is my directory:

I'm not sure if this is a question, but I'll answer the question I think
it is. Ncdump and ncgen under your netcdf directory are directories
themselves that contain the source for ncdump and ncgen. The ncdump and
ncgen binaries are probably located at /usr/local/bin/ncdump and
/usr/local/bin/ncgen, assuming you installed netcdf to /usr/local.

> snyderjm@snyderjm-laptop:~/Desktop/netcdf-4.0.1$ ls
> acinclude.m4   COPYRIGHT       libncdap3    nc-config     netcdf.pc.in
> aclocal.m4     cxx             libsrc       nc-config.in  nf_test
> compile        cxx4            libsrc4      ncdap.m4      README
> config.guess   depcomp         libtool      ncdap_test    RELEASE_NOTES
> config.h       examples        ltmain.sh    ncdump        stamp-h1
> config.h.in    f90             m4           ncgen         VERSION
> config.log     fortran         Makefile     ncgen4        win32
> config.status  hdf5-1.8.1      Makefile.am  nctest        zlib-1.2.3
> config.sub     hdf5-1.8.1.tar  Makefile.in  nc_test       zlib-1.2.3.tar
> configure      INSTALL         man4         nc_test4
> configure.ac   install-sh      missing      netcdf.pc
>
> Now when I configure WRF model here is what I get:
>
> snyderjm@snyderjm-laptop:~/Desktop/WRFV3$ ./configure
> checking for perl5... no
> checking for perl... found /usr/bin/perl (perl)
> ** WARNING: No path to NETCDF and environment variable NETCDF not set.
> ** would you like me to try to fix? [y]
> Enter full path to NetCDF include directory on your system

All your netcdf header files should be in /usr/local/include.