2010 Jan 26 04:52

[vox-tech] my site was hacked

a couple days ago one of my friends got hacked into her photo website,
ironically it turned out my business website was hacked too - I found
out yesterday.

The website hasn't been restored yet, even I wrote an urgent email to
the support of my ISP, lunarpages.com, no response after 24 hours
except for an automatic email. This host used to be a good one,
responding to the requests in time and to the point; however it's
becoming a disappointment in recent years, I think it's time for me to
move my business else where.

Anyway, I hope someone here can help me with a few questions: does the
ISP bear responsibility for such a security breach? My site has yet to
see much business flow, but suppose there is a successful site being
hacked and the restoration is delayed, who is to blame for the loss?

My homepage is replaced by the hacker's page of some crap, is that the
best he can do? what kind of attack it is? are they able to access my
data? I checked that my files are still there, but not sure if the
hacker has made a copy.

Thanks for all helps!

Hai