2010 Jan 12 19:36

Re: [vox-tech] apt-get problem

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 01:14:51PM -0800, Norm Matloff wrote:
> I have a Dell netbook, fortunately bought when Windows was available
> only as an extra-price option, and fortunately bought when Dell offered
> netbooks without hard drives.  (HDs add a bit of weight and drain more
> than a bit of battery power, and aren't needed for netbooks, in my
> view.)
>
> The machine came with Ubuntu 8.04 installed, and I haven't upgraded.  I
> recently installed the new version of R, 2.10.0 using apt-get, and the

How did you install the "new" version? Did you add another repository to
your distro, or did you take the package from another release other than
hardy?

> Any ideas out there?

Run aptitude. Sometimes, it will correct the problem.
press 'u', 'U', and then 'g'

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other

Professor C. A. R. Hoare
The 1980 Turing award lecture