2010 Jan 11 18:10

Re: [vox-tech] Atom 230 does support 64 bit!

Re: [vox-tech] Atom 230 does support 64 bit!

I just installed Debian AMD 64 and Xen.

I also followed the following howto[1] for creating VMs. The xen-tools
really make it easy to create Debian VMs even on LVM backed VMs.

I tell you, Xen is so fast! It's nice to see all the native CPU
instruction set too in the VM! VirtualBox is easy, but for performance,
it looks as if Xen takes the ticket! I did a paravirtualized install. This
processor doesn't have the vmx instruction set for ring '-1'.

[1]http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-xen-on-debian-lenny-amd64