2010 Jan 04 19:10

[vox-tech] stupidly, i have dropped my laptop. help.

[vox-tech] stupidly, i have dropped my laptop. help.

Hi everyone.
This is probably a pretty simple fix..  it's likely in the power circuitry--  hitting the power button causes it to just hang a moment, then the power status indicator LED flashes, no POST activity gets commenced (nothing from the monitor or CD which I've been booting from.)  So I'm wondering if someone is adept at this and could make quick work of it..  maybe a barter for sizeable quantities of superb Grateful Dead recordings?  (I'm rather indigent-- found this Toshiba in a dumpster, fastest machine (2.2Ghz!) I've ever owned, just deleted the virus-seized Winbloze installation (complete with maybe $1k worth of iTunes downloads-- man are there some spoiled rich kids in this town..) and voila, a fast and trusty machine..  well, light and fast at least, but not terribly sturdy.. the fall wasnt from too huge a height.
Another consideration is something I found via about.com:  http://repair4laptop.org/free_laptop_notebook_repair_upgrade_modding.html
anyone have any experience with this, i.e. what kind of turn around time I could hope for?
Happy new decade,
 Mark