[vox-tech] [OT] Another security example

[vox-tech] [OT] Another security example

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/12/insurgents-intercept-drone-video-in-king-sized-security-breach

  How'd the militants manage to get access to such secret data?
  Basically by pointing satellite dishes up, and waiting for the drone
  feeds to pour in. According to the Journal, militants have exploited a
  weakness: The data links between the drone and the ground control
  station were never encrypted. Which meant that pretty much anyone
  could tap into the overhead surveillance that many commanders feel is
  America's most important advantage in its two wars. Pretty much anyone
  could intercept the feeds of the drones that are the focal point for
  the secret U.S. war in Pakistan.

D'oh :(

Sent from my computer