[vox-tech] Fwd: Re: Legal Ethics Tech Question

Stephen posted from a non-subscribed address...

----- Forwarded message from vox-tech-bounces@lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:23:02 -0800
From: Stephen Rasku <srasku@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Legal Ethics Tech Question
To: "lugod's technical discussion forum" <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 17:45, Bob Scofield <scofield@omsoft.com> wrote:
> On Monday 14 December 2009, Tony Cratz wrote:
>
> I'm studying everyone's responses, and checking some stuff out on the
> Internet.  I'm leaning toward buying a commercial disk encryption program and
> a firewall.  I can now see that my laptop should be encrypted regardless of
> whether I am using a wireless connection.

You don't need to buy a commercial program.  TrueCrypt is free,
open-source,  and very good:

    http://www.truecrypt.org/

Steve Gibson on Security Now did a full episode on it Security Now! #133:

   http://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

You can get very detailed information from this episode but it may be
too technical for you.

...Stephen

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer