Re: [vox-tech] Legal Ethics Tech Question

Bob Scofield wrote:
> I connect to a very expensive legal database (westlaw.com).  I'm paying $168 a
> month for a lighter version of it at home.  But sometimes I need the extra
> databases you can get at a law library for free.

	Westlaw.com provide though an easy to access source data
	which is already part of the public record (you just may
	need to do more research instead of a single point of data).

	If you are connecting to westlaw.com it should be through
	https (secure connection). This is encrypted. And is  not
	really where the the article was really talking about.

>> 	Second question is are you accessing your work desktop via
>> 	the Internet?
>
> My desktop connection is with a cable and a router.  It's not wireless.

	You missed understand my question, Alex and I said the same
	thing. If you are using WiFi on your laptop to remotely
	connect to your desktop you need to use some VPN style
	software. The weak point is your laptop using WiFi. That
	side needs to be secure and you need a tunnel between
	the laptop and desktop which is encrypted thus the VPN
	software.

							Tony