Re: [vox-tech] Tux Paint, Fullscreen, and dual monitors

Re: [vox-tech] Tux Paint, Fullscreen, and dual monitors

If you configure the dual monitors through the Nvidia control panel, set them for separate X screen logins, and then enable Xinerama, you get the ability to move windows from one screen to the other.

Tuxpaint --fullscreen expands to fill one of the monitors, but not both.

2009/10/21 Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:32:56AM -0700, Darth Borehd wrote:
>    I just got a second monitor and use Twinview from the Linux Nvidia control
>    panel.  I found that Tux paint won't work correctly in full screen
>    anymore.  The application is shifted half off the second monitor and you
>    have to move the mouse several centimetres to the left to click on the
>    buttons.

Sam replies with:

 It may not work at this point.  I'm planning a full review of
 fullscreen support in SDL 1.3 in the next 3 weeks or so.

:^/  If you experiment and come up with a solution (in terms of how you
set things up in Twinview and/or the X server), do let me know!