2009 Oct 12 16:31

[vox-tech] Neverwinter Nights on Linux

I play the Linux version of Neverwinter Nights a lot and have no issues except one annoying one.

When playing in fullscreen mode, there seems to be no way to minimize, move, switch applications, or change desktops.  All of my hotkeys seem to be taken over by the game.  The only ones that work are the the CTRL+ALT+F# keys to bring up other consoles.  The only way back to the Gnome desktop is exiting the game completely.  I really want to to be able to check emails and IMs without having to leave.  I play on a public server so I can't just save the game and load back where I was.

I can edit the .ini file to AllowWindowedMode=1 but it has no effect.  I can change fullscreen=1 to fullscreen=0 and be locked into playing in windowed mode with no option to maximize or go fullscreen, which I don't prefer.

I tried googling how to fix it and found just references to instructions on a now defunct webpage.

Anybody else have a copy of the referenced instructions or have any other ideas?

I run Ubuntu 9.04 and have the proprietary nvidia drivers.