2009 Oct 06 13:34

Re: [vox-tech] Router annoyances (again!)

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 01:55:00PM -0700, Michael Wenk wrote:
>> In my experience, even switching firmware does not fix the problem.
>> However, I have a netgear router, and he has linksys, so YMMV.
>
> Maybe Netgear hacked my Linksys router and told it to die so I'd go buy
> one of these:
>
>   http://www.myopenrouter.com/blog/entry/13896/NETGEAR-Announces-WNR3500L-Open-Source-Gigabit-Router-Development-Partner-Program/
>
> :)
>
> -bill!

I saw that.  The article said it would list for around $140.  And until
I see them last 3-4 years, I probably won't get one.  I'm either going
to stick with the commodity crap I'm getting right now or I will go back
to having a full fledged linux box with multiple interfaces for my
routing needs.

Mike