2009 Sep 22 12:57

Re: [vox-tech] home server choice

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009, Hai Yi wrote:

> I plan to have a stable server at home, as my data center.

I would start out with some old computer from the closet because it wont
handle your needs anymore. It takes far less computer to serve files
across a net than it takes to create or view those same files. In fact, a
tossed-in-the-closet computer can easily handle all of the ISP needs for
hundreds of users. Unlimited email addresses, no size limit on emails,
unlimited web space, for all your family and friends.

Ive run internet servers for decades and I run two from my house now.
Here is an article on this.
http://any1can.blogspot.com/2006/12/everyone-can-be-internet-server.html

So I would recommend starting out with something in the closet then moving
up as you see a definite need.

Gandalf  Parker
--
I used them, they used me