2009 Sep 30 06:35

[vox-tech] home server choice

I plan to have a stable server at home, as my data center.
Some friend recommended Dell Precision 470, saying it's a workstation
with server configuration and i can get it cheap from ebay; other
recommended to build a machine (if this is a better idea, can i have a
part list?)
I want to have something stable, 24/7 for one month before being
restarted and not very noisy with low electricity consumption.
I am also thinking of installing a redhat on it.

These are just a few thoughts, tentatively.

Anyone can give me some good ideas?

Thanks for all the help in advanced!

Hai