2009 Sep 22 14:54

[vox-tech] OpenVZ

Lugod.org has been taxing my DSL recently, so I'm considering moving it
to a hosted server that I've had for a while.  It runs Ubuntu Hardy
(8.04), server edition.

I want to put it into its own virtual private server -- NOT in a
"virtual machine", but rather using "operating system level
virtualization" such as OpenVZ or Linux-VServer.  I figure this will get
me the desired isolation/containerization without significant
performance degradation.  The VPS would run Apache 2, PHP, Postfix,
Mailman and other appropriate components.

I'm leaning towards OpenVZ as this seems to be directly installable via
the Ubuntu (multiverse) repositories with very little hassle.  Does
anyone have experience with this or similar software that I should
consider before making this choice?

Thanks!

Rod