2009 Sep 10 16:08

Re: [vox-tech] Openoffice, MS and printing

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 16:21 -0700, harke wrote:
> A couple of days ago I received a doc file that
> I needed to print. I openned it in openoffice and clicked
> on print. No result at printer. I have CUPS installed
> (Debian unstable). Checking the browser interface to CUPS,
> I tried the reprint button. I got the error message
> "job not complete" Not knowing what this meant, I let my
> wife print this from her Windows machine. The next day I found
> the document in my printer. So it printed but really slow.
> Also, the light on the printer is blinking meaning it is
> still receiving data. So it looks like the file lacked some
> kind of end signal. Is there anything I could have added to
> the doc file to insert the end signal? (Note: I also tried
> export to PDF but the PDF file had the same problem)

CUPS in Debian unstable was just updated a few days ago, from a version
that used the usblp kernel module to a new version that uses libusb. I
had to reconfigure my printer (hit "modify printer") because the URL of
the physical device had changed.

Does this sound like it might help?

--Ken