2009 Sep 09 21:33

[vox-tech] Openoffice, MS and printing

A couple of days ago I received a doc file that
I needed to print. I openned it in openoffice and clicked
on print. No result at printer. I have CUPS installed
(Debian unstable). Checking the browser interface to CUPS,
I tried the reprint button. I got the error message
"job not complete" Not knowing what this meant, I let my
wife print this from her Windows machine. The next day I found
the document in my printer. So it printed but really slow.
Also, the light on the printer is blinking meaning it is
still receiving data. So it looks like the file lacked some
kind of end signal. Is there anything I could have added to
the doc file to insert the end signal? (Note: I also tried
export to PDF but the PDF file had the same problem)

Richard