2009 Sep 06 17:04

Re: [vox-tech] libstdc++ and sgi and hp?

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 01:40:34PM -0400, Hai Yi wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Brian Lavender<brian@brie.com> wrote:
> > I thought the STL was renamed to the Standard Library. I thought the
> > article was interesting where Stephanov described how C++ programmers
> > tried to form generics (or however you call it) using the object
> > oriented approach and it would invariably fail. The STL (or standard
> > library ) is a great thing and it is hard to imagine C++ without it.
> >

> According to "Effective C++", STL and Standard Library is not superset
> of either. STL concentrates on algorithm, iterator, containers,
> functors and maybe, allocator, while standard library includes part(if
> not all) STL, besides, it has io packages and C89 library,etc.

Is the following considered a part of the "Standard Library"?
This is an example from Yolinux.com

#include <iostream>
#include <vector>
#include <string>

using namespace std;

main()
{
   vector<string> SS;

   SS.push_back("The number is 10");
   SS.push_back("The number is 20");
   SS.push_back("The number is 30");

   cout << "Loop by index:" << endl;

   int ii;
   for(ii=0; ii < SS.size(); ii++)
   {
      cout << SS[ii] << endl;
   }

   vector<string>::reverse_iterator rii;
   for(rii=SS.rbegin(); rii!=SS.rend(); ++rii)
   {
       cout << *rii << endl;
   }

}