2009 Aug 31 19:59

[vox-tech] libstdc++ and sgi and hp?

I've been reading some general stuff about C++, it appears to me that
in unix/linux, libstdc++ is a c++ implementation from gnu, but there
are the sgi and hp's copyright info in the header files like
/usr/include/c++/4.3/vector . I used to use sgi's stl website as
reference (http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/ ), which gave me an impression
that this company used to be a big contributor to C++ (or STL? )
standardization; however, from wiki, it appears HP is the one behind
the STL effort.

Anyone can have a brief history lesson about libstdc++, sgl and hp's
relations in regard to STL?

Thanks!
Hai