2009 Jul 25 19:45

Re: [vox-tech] protection error in Directshow app

Re: [vox-tech] protection error in Directshow app

Hai Yi,

I have been using Malwarebytes free version for over a year that removes all spyware it
finds. Here is another link from the Malwarebytes website. They have a green download
button there that redirects you to a Cnet website. Once on that page the download
button they have there says "Tested spyware free" Here are the links I use 1st
google search "download malwarebytes" -
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=download+malwarebytes&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10&fp=5TZlSg8c0wI
Then at Malwarebytes site on the left side of page "blue download button" that says "free" on it -
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
When click on the free button it takes you to a Cnet website to download it.
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button
Once you download and install this, it is a free version and any spyware it finds it will remove and
will not charge you for using it . Malwarebytes DOES have a paid version, the difference between
the PAID version and free is - The paid version runs in the system tray constantly monitoring your
system for spyware. Also the other link I sent from MajorGeeks is a free version as well.
Hope this clears things up for you.
Al

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Hai Yi wrote:

Hello, Al: Last time I checked the link, Malwarebytes's a shareware asking for $24.95, :-) On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:41 AM, Al Lenaburg wrote: > If think there "might" be a problem with spyware or the likes you could try > downloading and installing Malwarebytes - It is a free app that finds allot > the baddies stuff and since you run it manually once a month or so it will > not interfere with Kaspersky. It does not run in the background when you start > windows. You can find it here: > http://majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html > or do a search for it in google. It is a nice free program - Hope this > helps to clear up anything in the way of spyware being part of your problem. > > Al > > On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Hai Yi wrote: >> sorry this appears to be a Microsoft direct show question, however, >> kindly bear with me for a moment, >> >> i found it might have more to do with codec in general, and i post my >> question on a VC++ site and didn't get response. From my past >> experience, I believe I will get better help here, hehe >> >> I am working on a project, and it uses the basic functionality of >> directshow, the project itself uses MFC/VC++. >> >> Anyway it works fine for a while, but suddenly it refuses to play >> *.avi files, giving me a error message (when I am in VC's debugging >> mode ): >> >> "Debugger detected - please close it down and restart! Windows NT >> users: Please note that having the WinIce/SoftIce service installed >> means that you are running a debugger!" >> >> I checked online and it seems that some codec stops the app from >> working properly, or it might be a virus. I have more concerns about >> the latter. I have Kaspersky as my computer's guardian angel, however, >> it failed to report any problems. >> >> It's OK to play other media files registered in my system, like mpeg. >> >> Thanks a lot for any enlightenment! >> >> Hai >> _______________________________________________ >> vox-tech mailing list >> vox-tech@lists.lugod.org >> http://lists.lugod.org/mailman/listinfo/vox-tech >> > _______________________________________________ > vox-tech mailing list > vox-tech@lists.lugod.org > http://lists.lugod.org/mailman/listinfo/vox-tech > _______________________________________________ vox-tech mailing list vox-tech@lists.lugod.org http://lists.lugod.org/mailman/listinfo/vox-tech