2009 Jul 10 12:11

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox 3.5

http://www.slashgear.com/firefox-3-5-released-faster-javascript-location-aware-new-privacy-features-3048323/

   Firefox 3.5 brings with it the new TraceMonkey JavaScript engine, said to
   be more than twice as fast as in v3.0 and ten times faster than Firefox 2

But it's hard to gauge these kinds of statements - it most likely means
"Firefox 3.5 for Windows".  Not sure if this is true for Linux.

On Thu 09 Jul 09,  5:25 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev@wildintellect.com> said:
> In reading the release notes I didn't see any really spectacular new
> features. Javascript should run faster, and it's more compatible with
> newer html standards but few are using those yet and it has the "private
> browser" feature that all the IE 8 commercials rave about too.
>
> Not much else the end user might notice.
> see http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.5/releasenotes/
>
> Alex
>

> Aaron Brayton wrote:
> > Thanks everyone.
> >
> > Now I guess the question is, are the new features in 3.5 worth the upgrade?
> >
> > Aaron
> >

> > Alex Mandel wrote:
> >> Well not quite. By default within Ubuntu 9.04 it will not automatically
> >> switch to 3.5, it's actually marked as a separate package since it's
> >> been in beta the last few months and is a major revision.
> >> Basically since 3.0 and 3.5 were both in development there are 2 package
> >> names, in the next release of Ubuntu there will probably only be 3.5
> >>
> >> To install
> >> sudo apt-get install firefox-3.5
> >>

> >> Alex

Last night I dreamt of 09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0
Facebook: http://facebook.com/coffeeAchiever

"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today   p@dirac.org
is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent  http://www.dirac.org
are full of doubt"   ---   Bertrand Russell