2009 Jun 24 06:35

Re: [vox-tech] help with xorg.conf

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 01:33:34PM -0700, Thomas Johnston wrote:
> > Please send us the Xorg.log file (probably in /var/log/Xorg.0.log) from
> > the broken run.
> >
> > Then move xorg.conf out of the way so that the X server doesn't even
> > look for one. Try that, attach the log (/var/log/Xorg.0.log), and tell
> > us the output of the xrandr command. X server technology has recently
> > gotten to the point where you shouldn't need an xorg.conf anymore, so
> > let's see what it can figure out on its own.
> >
> > --Ken
>

> OK. Here is my current xorg.conf file:
>
> Section "Monitor"
> 	Identifier	"Configured Monitor"

[snip]

> 	Module class: X.Org Server Extension
> (II) NVIDIA GLX Module  180.44  Mon Mar 23 15:29:02 PST 2009
> (II) Loading extension GLX
> (II) LoadModule: "randr"
> (WW) Warning, couldn't open module randr

I am not familiar with xrandr, but it looks like there isn't support for
it.

[snip]
> (**) NVIDIA(0): Enabling RENDER acceleration
> (II) NVIDIA(0): Support for GLX with the Damage and Composite X extensions is
> (II) NVIDIA(0):     enabled.
> (WW) NVIDIA(GPU-0): Unable to read EDID for display device CRT-0

Could be that it isn't detecting you monitor. :( Did you try hitting the
Fn-LCD/External button on your laptop? I am not sure where that event
goes, but maybe it will make a difference.

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/