January 6: Social gathering
2009 Jun 17 17:44

Re: [vox-tech] overheating

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 04:10:04PM -0700, Troy Arnold wrote:

> If cash is that tight, then a careful attempt at blowing out all the dust
> and crap in your case is a worthy investment.  After all, if your funds are
> truly zero, then what the hell are you going to do when that box dies
> because it can't breathe?  Some things just can't be fixed from a shell
> prompt.
>
> Open up the damn box already and blow the dust out... with your lungs
> if necessary.

Well I have done that. Altho you might have considered that since its a server it might have been a co-located one somewhere far away. :)

But no, its in my house. I have done what I can without taking it down. If finding the offending program and limiting its use doesnt solve the problem then I guess I will have to announce to all the various domains, emails, mmorpgs, that there will be some down time. Then I will open it up and see if some dustball is trapped someplace, and possible keep the case off.

Gandalf  Parker