January 6: Social gathering
2009 May 09 22:10

[vox-tech] Port Forwarding or firewall?

Hello there:

I installed an apache http server on my ubuntu linux box, and I config
the port forwarding in my router, and I can access the page from
outside of my local network, everything is cool.
however, when I installed an oracle express version db server on the
same box, I can access its admin page from the same box by typing:
http://localhost:8080/apex, I config the router's port forwarding
again, but this time, I can't visit the page from outside, and I can't
visit the page from inside either (use
http://192.168.1.128:8080/apex).

Some ppl said that it might be that I have my firewall installed on
the linux box, and this is my opened services:

PORT     STATE SERVICE
22/tcp   open  ssh
80/tcp   open  http
631/tcp  open  ipp
1521/tcp open  oracle
3306/tcp open  mysql
8080/tcp open  http-proxy

I hope that I've made myself understood.

any help?

Thanks a lot!
Hai