2009 May 02 22:18

Re: [vox-tech] Converting to Kubuntu

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 04:11:17PM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Has anyone here made this switch?  Any thoughts or comments about whether
> Kubuntu met/didn't meet your expectations?

I was running Debian Testing and it was getting insane.  I switched to
Kubuntu and was quite happy for a while.  My new (well, almost 1yr old now)
Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop came with _U_buntu 7.10 at the time, and
I installed Kubuntu packages and updated to 8.04 to get KDE 3.5.

At 8.10, I didn't realize I'd be getting KDE 4.2, but it turned out to be
a lot more usable (though not perfect) than KDE 4.0 was, when I had tried
it on my desktop prior to purchasing my laptop.  I'm now running 9.04 and
KDE 4.2, with only minor annoyances.  More kernel and driver related, than
desktop software related, though.  Sigh.

I am liking K/Ubuntu as a distro, though.

Sent from my computer