2009 Apr 22 10:25

[vox-tech] Blu-ray: How crazy would I be if...

[vox-tech] Blu-ray: How crazy would I be if...

I *really* want disk storage that's larger than 4.7GB.

I've been looking at Blu-ray, and thought maybe it's worth investigating.
Let me be clear: I couldn't care less whether there are movies our for it or
not.  I'm *only* interested in file storage.

There appears to be a decent $250 blu-ray burner, and disks appear to be in
the 7-8 dollar range.   This is a price I can easily live with.

   http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/17584.cfm

Would it be crazy to buy one of these things?  50GB per disk sounds really
seductive.

Now that both formats lost the war, I'm thinking the real winner of that war
might be people who want bigger capacity DVDs to store stuff on.

Pete