2009 Apr 09 16:24

Re: [vox-tech] Utility to image a hard drive

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 03:49:39PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> > commands like rsync can be a little rough to get the hang of...
>
> If you can't remember "rsync -avz source destination", you have much
> bigger problems.  ;->

My wife ALWAYS has to ask me how to use "scp".  She knows all of the local
filesystem commands fine, and doens't use a GUI file browser.  It's just
that one that confuses her.  I'm honestly the same with rsync.

I myself always end up dropping files on my hard drive
named "user@host", because I forgot the ":" at the end.

Just sayin'. :)

<snip>
> Yes, having canned software make decisions for you rather than needing
> to think is indeed easier.

I've been using computers for 80% of my life.  I'm getting to the point
where I prefer they do the work for me... I'm getting kind of tired of
convincing them. ;)

This again brings up my anecdote of how difficult modern systems are
to use compared to The Old Days.

Google "Gimp wacom linux", and have fun tweaking your X11 config files.
In the meantime, I'll plug my paint program cartridge into my Atari,
plug it into my TV set, hook up my Atari drawing tablet, and draw some
pictures.  Sure... they're only 4 colors, but I didn't tear my hair out
to do it.

Hehe ;)

Sent from my computer