2009 Apr 09 11:31

Re: [vox-tech] Fwd: Trouble installing Matlab in Debian

Re: [vox-tech] Fwd: Trouble installing Matlab in Debian

I seem to recall it actually only worked for commands in that particular
terminal and stopped working as soon as it was closed. You do make a
good point about not leaving any doors open ever, which brings up the
question of why so many binary installers require root privilege and do
I really want to be giving them that considering I'm not sure where they
will stick files. Not to get into their reliance on graphical
installers, which is funny since in the case of oracle the installer was
the only reason we even installed X.

What a pain,
Alex