2009 Apr 10 07:29

[vox-tech] Utility to image a hard drive

[vox-tech] Utility to image a hard drive

I installed Debian (lenny) on my laptop last week and it is my first
exposure to Linux.  I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for
a utility to "image" my laptop's hard drive to an external drive.  I
would like to perform some kind of complete system backup now that I
have the absolute essentials working.  There are lots of tweaks that I
would like to try (nvidia graphics driver, sleep/resume functionality,
etc, etc.), but I am certain that I will wind up royally screwing
things up.  If possible, I would like to avoid spending another week
just getting back to where I am now.

Thanks,

Thomas Johnston

PS - Thanks again to all those who helped me get Matlab installed!!