2009 Apr 08 18:32

Re: [vox-tech] Fwd: Trouble installing Matlab in Debian

Re: [vox-tech] Fwd: Trouble installing Matlab in Debian

Quoting Alex Mandel (tech_dev@wildintellect.com):

> I had a similar issue with the Oracle installer.
> I believe the solution was to disable the xhost security with:
> sudo xhost+
> then change to root
> sudo su
> sh install

For a list of methods that don't involve crippling system security,
please see:  "Root w/X11" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Security/

--
Cheers,              Híggledy-pìggledy / XML programmers
Rick Moen            Try to escape those / I-eighteen-N woes;