January 6: Social gathering
2009 Apr 09 01:02

[vox-tech] programming issue with ffmpeg library

[vox-tech] programming issue with ffmpeg library

Hello, there:

I am wondering if someone out there ever programmed audio/video
applications using ffmpeg?

I followed this simple tutorial to use ffmpeg lib,
http://www.dranger.com/ffmpeg/ , but there is a problem with its very
first program: tutorial01.c

The problem is that it used an obsolete function, img_convert, which
is not supported by ffmpeg any more.

anyhow, I googled and managed to use functions sws_getCachedContext &
sws_scale to replace img_convert and eventually successfully compiled
and linked to the lib.

However, when I started testing this program, it give me this error message:

hai@zodiac:~/downloaded/ffmpeg_tutorial$ ./tutorial01
../../Videos/wan_niang.avi

Input #0, avi, from '../../Videos/wan_niang.avi':

  Duration: 00:06:45.54, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 874 kb/s

    Stream #0.0: Video: msmpeg4, yuv420p, 448x256, 29.97 tbr, 29.97
tbn, 29.97 tbc

    Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 128 kb/s

[swscaler @ 0x89078f0]No accelerated colorspace conversion found.

Segmentation fault

I couldn't pinpoint the problem was related to the code or the system,
my OS is ubuntu 8.0.4

anyone have any idea?

Thanks a lot!
Hai