2009 Mar 26 20:11

Re: [vox-tech] Crontab oddity - server timeout?

Bill Kendrick wrote:
>   STATUS=`wget --save-headers http://www.MYSITE.com/ -O - 2> /dev/null | head -1 | cut -d " " -f 2`
>
> In other words, hit the site, save the headers, save them out to stdout,
> chop off the "HTTP/1.1" to get the delicious "200" (hopefully) status.
>

> I guess maybe I need to give it a "--timeout" argument, and something
> less than 120 seconds, so that the jobs don't run over each other...?

	Why not do something like:

STATUS=`wget -T 120 --save-header http://www.MYSITE.com/ -0 -2>
/dev/null | grep "^HTTP/1.1 200 OK"`

	If STATUS is "" it failed otherwise it passes. Buy using the
	grep you reduce running the extra pipe and it is clearer to
	understand by someone else as to what you are looking for.

								Tony