2009 Mar 11 18:50

Re: [vox-tech] VMWare Linux client - how to notice screen resize?

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Michael Wenk <mjwenk@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> Bryan Richter wrote:
>>
>> This all works. Metacity somehow catches wind of the resizing. When the
>> X root window is resized, Metacity resizes all its workspaces. If it has
>> to, it moves and resizes its own client windows so everything shows up
>> on the resized X root window.
>>
>> Of course, I want to be difficult. I don't like Gnome; I use the Ion3
>> window manager. Ion3 does not, unfortunately, catch the same hint that
>> Metacity catches.
>>

> Are the vmware tools on the guest running?  Could Gnome be
> starting/running these but Ion3 not?

I do have to start them manually, but that is not the problem.

I've discovered two things:

1. If I restart Ion (using the ion command 'session/restart'), it
correctly resizes everything.
2. Some XEvents are generated when the VMWare window is resized. This
might be the ticket.

--
Bryan Richter