2009 Feb 19 10:45

[vox-tech] OT: Monitors w/ loose coils (Was re: powersupply +capacitor whine when CPU is idle)

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:20:57PM -0800, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
> One of the things we hear that many others don't is monitors with
> loose coils. Damned annoying.

My Commodore 1802 monitor is doing that (a little 13" CRT from the 1980s).
It's not horrible, but I'd rather NOT listen to it if I didn't have to.
Is this something that can be corrected inexpensively, if I take it
to a local TV repair shop?  (And if so, anyone got recommendations?)

Thx!