January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Strange web form submissions; regexp to filter?

Re: [vox-tech] Strange web form submissions; regexp to filter?

BK> Trying it.  I dislike CAPTCHA's (DailyWTF has some good examples of
BK> 'gone-wrong', such as this:
BK> http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/p/5365/116255.aspx )

There was a better one in an Error'd post a while back that I loved
(think wayyyy  too many letters).

Anyway, as much as they suck they do work...  I have multiple media-wiki
systems that I administer and we were getting tons of spam.  I turned on
the simplist of captchas for it ("what is 2+3"; really easy math) and
have since gotten only one account created that bypassed it.