Re: [vox-tech] Strange web form submissions; regexp to filter?

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 01:42:07AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> I've just come across, on an online discussion of this sort of spam,
> what sounds like a truly brilliant idea for authors of Web forms:
>
>    The best solution we found to spam contacts is to have an invisible
>    field called 'email'. If it's filled, then it's spam, and ignored. We
>    haven't received a single spam contact on any of our sites since
>    implementing this.

Trying it.  I dislike CAPTCHA's (DailyWTF has some good examples of
'gone-wrong', such as this:
http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/p/5365/116255.aspx )
and since I'm the only human receiving the junk, the form doesn't have
to be uber-secure... just less annoying to _me_.