[vox-tech] Stale NFS (was Copying/ Moving Large number of files)

[vox-tech] Stale NFS (was Copying/ Moving Large number of files)

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for all the enlightening disscussion.

As per your suggestions I was getting ready to use rsync to copy my files from an 300 GB NFS partition to another 1 TB NSF partition and all the lights went out.  ??

The new 1TB partition became unreachable and reports:  -bash: cd: /export/home: Stale NFS file handle
The /etc/fstab appears to have the correct entries:

# NFS shares
master:/export/home     /export/home            nfs     defaults,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 0 0
/dev/fd0                /media/floppy           auto    pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/hde                /media/floppy1          auto    pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/hdf                /media/cdrom            auto    pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/hda                /media/cdrom1           auto    pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

But, the darn partition keeps "desapearing" (after a while) every time it is manually re-mounted.

At this point we have no clue whay it is behaving this way, the original 300 GB NFS partition never behave this way.
Does anybody has any suggestions on why the new NFS partition behaves this way or what to check?

As always, thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Alfredo Lopez