January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Firewall (Firestarter question)

Re: [vox-tech] Firewall (Firestarter question)

> I use firestarter too, but never really ran into this issue.  KDE tries
> to load it right after I log in, but since the GUI requires a root
> password to launch (at least I think it does), KDE can't just launch it
> and instead it pops up an "enter root password" dialog.  I just leave
> that dialog sitting there till after I connect, then I come back and
> enter the password and start firestarter.  Since at that point it's
> connected, no error message then.
>
> This approach workable for you?
>
> HTH,
>
> DR

At the moment I've got it setup so it doesn't require the password and
it auto starts at login.  If there is no way to delay the firewall from
starting up or configuring it to ignore that particular error, then I
will just have to press an OK button each time I login.  Not a big deal,
but there may be a workaround.

Thanks!
Aaron