January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Firewall (Firestarter question)

Aaron Brayton wrote:
> I've successfully installed firestarter and have it load upon startup.
> However, it loads before the wireless is connected and therefore gives
> me an error message, which is rendered moot 10 seconds later when the
> wireless makes a connection.
>
> Is there a way to eliminate this error message, either by letting
> firestarter ignore the error or delaying firestarter from starting until
> after the wireless connection is established?
>
> Or should I be using a different firewall like KMyfirewall?
>
> Thanks!
> Aaron

I use firestarter too, but never really ran into this issue.  KDE tries
to load it right after I log in, but since the GUI requires a root
password to launch (at least I think it does), KDE can't just launch it
and instead it pops up an "enter root password" dialog.  I just leave
that dialog sitting there till after I connect, then I come back and
enter the password and start firestarter.  Since at that point it's
connected, no error message then.

This approach workable for you?

HTH,

DR