Re: [vox-tech] ARE (Tcl / Postgresql) REGEX question

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Wes Hardaker <wjhns156@hardakers.net> wrote:

> DB> ([0-9]?[\\.]?[0-9][Y|y|R|r]+[ ]+?[0-9]/[0-9]).*?([0-9]?[\\.]?[0-9][Y|y|R|r]+[ ]+?[0-9]/[0-9])
> Add '|' here:   ^
>
> to become ...[0-9]|)
>
> Which will let the second pattern match against nothing so you'll get an
> empty string as the result.

Thanks Wes. I'll give that a try.

> However, what if you need to match against 100 colors?  It would be
> better to loop over the string multiple times until no further matches
> are found.

That sounds like a more robust way to do it. Do you know of any
mechanism in postgresql, short of writing procedural code, that could
do this? I'll try try using the basic color matching pattern, and
adding the 'g' flag to make the search global and see what happens.

Cheers,

Dylan