2008 Oct 23 14:28

[vox-tech] Red Hat rpms in CentOs

Could someone comment on the compatibility between Red Hat and CentOs.
Would an rpm from some 3rd party, like Oracle work for CentOS.
Might it work?
Would there be any way to get the parts out and make it work?

I noticed the version of the OS seems pegged to Red Hats and they say
"maintain upstream compatibility" with an unnamed North American vendor.

Thanks,
Alex